Zoë Alexandra Shaw
235 W 22nd Street NY, NY 10011
E:email@example.com C: (914) 462-8337
University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware (2014-2018)
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Major: Apparel Design, Minor: Integrated Design
Graduation: May 2018, GPA, 3.6 Merit Based Scholarship, Dean’s List, Synergy Fashion Group, Executive board of Functional Fashion
Club, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority Costume Stylist and Coordinator, UD Volunteer Service Trips, Students for the Environment Club, GOTR
Kripalu School of Yoga, Stockbridge, Massachusetts (July 2018): 200 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher
Paris American Academy, Paris (January 2018): Winter session Study Abroad Fashion Design program
Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong (January 2017-May 2017): Institute of Textiles & Clothing
Fashion Institute of Technology Summer and Weekend Classes, New York City (2011-2014)
Study Abroad University of Delaware, Tanzania (January 2016):Documentary Photography, Art of Social Change
Overview of Classes: Apparel Product Assembly, Fashion Art Studio, Apparel Product Development, 20th Century Design, Textiles I & II, Intro to Fashion Business, Apparel Design Through Flat Pattern, Structures, Fashion & Sustainability, French I,II,&II, Patternmaking, Fashion Forecasting and Design, Global Context for Leadership, Earth System Science, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Social-Psychological Aspects of Clothing, Apparel Design
by Draping, Fashion Forecasting and Design, Product Development and Management Studio, and Design Expressions
LOFT – By Ann Taylor (New York, NY) Temporary Assistant Designer (Sportswear) Sept 2018- May 2019
- Created embroidery layouts and print designs for garments which landed new styles online and in stores
- Worked in Skirts, Jackets, Blazers, and Outerwear with both woven and knit fabrics
- Attended fittings and assisted in fit callouts for garments resulting in TP updates and better garment fit
- Updated designs in Photoshop, Illustrator, and by hand after fittings which in turn streamlined the communication of our designs to
- Created jackets and skirts seasonal style Linesheets for all members of CFT meetings
- Participated in bi-weekly team meetings with Production, Product development, Merchandising, and Tech Design resulting in efficient team work.
- Created Tech Packs and QR TP for every season’s styles for factories overseas
- Produced a new organizational system for all jacket fabric, skirt fabric, handlooms, lab dips, etc. creating a more productive and
- Assisted in design research resulting in the creation and organization of final design/concept boards
Elie Saab (Paris, France) Haute Couture Fashion Week Design Studio Intern Winter 2018
- Worked at Paris HQ assisting stylist and Mr. Saab fitting, styling, and prepping for the Haute Couture Fashion show.
- Created accessory bags and dressing guides for each look. Worked hands on in an extremely fast paced environment
Oscar de la Renta (New York, NY) Design Studio Intern Summer 2017
- Assisted in hand embroidery and embellishment placement on garments (flowers, buttons, hooks, etc.)
- Helped prepare for Resort Week and other administrative daily studio tasks.
Tory Burch (New York, NY) Product Development and Production Handbags & SLGs Intern Summer 2017
- Daily tasks varied from communicating with factories, updating SAP & PDM, Issuing PO’s and factory splits, reviewing pre-production
and TOP samples.
- Presented cross company research, created collection shells for PD.
- Researched and produced a final project/presentation on sustainable packaging practices and the company’s overall environmental awareness.
Marissa Webb (New York, NY) Product Development and Production Intern Summer 2016
- Liaison for domestic and international factories, QC garments, created style boards for visual merchandising.
Assisted in dailyadministrative tasks and organized fabric inventory.
- Attended KPNY, assisted in updating and tracking production, spec’d garments, updated BOM.
- Created inventory sheets and style masters for tech-packs.
Breathe Pilates and Yoga (Chappaqua, NY) Head of Public Relations Summer 2016
- Controlled all of Social Media and Merchandise.
Elmwood Day Camp (Dobbs Ferry, NY) Summer Group Counselor– Leadership position for first and second grade girls. Summer 2015
Echo Design (New York, NY) Summer Home and Design Intern 2013 -2014 -
- Assisted Senior Home Designer with multiple projects, worked in InDesign and other CAD programs.
- Assisted setting up the showroom, created patterns, assisted photo-shoots, color matched.
Narciso Rodriguez (New York, NY) Spring Design Intern Spring 2014
- Assisted Resort Wear’s 2015 Market Week, organized samples in show room
- Attended design meetings and assisted creative director in daily tasks such as photo work for website.
- Assisted in research for designers, dressed models for Market Week, organized fabric inventory.
2018: UD Alternative Break Service Program: Volunteer, “Habitat for Humanity,” Maryland
2015- Present: Girls on the Run Volunteer (Delaware Chapter).
2015- Present: Andrew McDonough B+ foundation; UDance Volunteer
2016: University of Delaware Service Program: Volunteer, “Restoration of the Everglades,” Florida
2014-2018: All four years of college Dean’s List
2014-2018: All four years of college Merit Based Scholarship.
2012: New York Life Youth Group in Action Award, granted by the United Way – 2012: Community Service Award, granted
by Rein CS for work at the La Fortuna Orphanage, Costa Rica.
Sewing, Patternmaking, Communication, Organization, Quick- Learning, SAP, PDM, SharePoint, Tech Packs, Trend forecasting,
Fashion Illustration, Apparel Design, CAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Proficient in
Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, & Blogging.